Plastic. We all live with it, but can you live without it. Well, web personality, Zadi Diaz, is going to try. Starting tomorrow, August 14th, she is going to attempt to go seven full days without using any new plastic. Each day she will post a videoblog update at epicfu.com/7days/, so you can follow the experiment. If you want to take a more hands on approach, you can join Zadi on her adventure (read more about this on her website). If you do decide to take the challenge, make sure you let us here at the Wondershop know. We would love to follow you too.
Facts about plastic:
- Recycling a single plastic bottle can conserve enough energy to light a 60W bulb for up to 6 hours.
- A plastic cup can take 50 - 80 years to decompose.
- An average 323 plastic bags are taken into our homes every year and it takes 500 years to decay when sent to landfill.
- Americans generate 10.5 million tons of plastic waste a year but recycle only 1 or 2 % of it.
- Nearly every piece of plastic ever made still exists today.